Help for Possession of a Controlled Substance
Drug Possession Lawyer in Wyoming
If you have been charged with possession of a controlled substance, it’s important to take it seriously. Possession charges can leave a negative, lasting impact on your criminal record going forward, which in turn can make it more difficult to do vital things such as find and keep a job, and even obtain some loans. If you’ve been charged with possession of a controlled substance, Ryan Wright may be able to help. Ryan has experience with criminal cases involving possession of a controlled substance and will do his best to assist you.
With Cheyenne’s close proximity to the Colorado border and many states legalizing marijuana, possession charges are common in Wyoming. While this drug is legal for recreational use in Colorado, it is not legal in Wyoming, making it so that visitors and residents who have a small or a large amount on their person or property are subject to prosecution. Ryan Wright has the knowledge to advise you on your particular case and help you in any way that he can.
The following are drug possession cases that Ryan has previously handled and their results. (Previous results do not guarantee a similar outcome in future cases.)
- Possession of Controlled substances (approx. 2 lbs) (Felony) – Marijuana
- Deferred with 1 year of unsupervised probation.
- Possession of Controlled Substance (approx. 10 lbs of Marijuana) (Felony), and Possession of Controlled Substance with Intent to Deliver Marijuana (Felony)
- Reduced Misdemeanor and Deferred with 1 year of unsupervised probation.
- Possession of Marijuana (Misdemeanor), Possession of Marijuana – liquid (Misdemeanor), Possessions of MDMA (Misdemeanor), and Speeding
- Deferred Possession of Marijuana (No conviction) and guilty only to Speeding
- Possession of Controlled substances (Misdemeanor) – Marijuana (three citations)
- Dismissed with prejudice
- Possession of Marijuana (Misdemeanor) – Marijuana
- Dismissed without prejudice
- Possession of Marijuana (Misdemeanor)
- Deferred (No conviction)
As with many types of legal actions, there are a wide variety of variables that influence the navigation of drug possession cases. These include the type of substance, the amount, the intention for the substance, and the criminal history of the individual. Ryan will interview you and potential witnesses involved in your case, and will examine the evidence and how it was obtained. In the case of a plea deal or an appeal, Ryan will advise you on your options.
Ryan Wright has over seven years of experience as a prosecutor and has conducted numerous trials and courtroom hearings. Ryan’s previous experience as a prosecutor gives him a unique perspective that allows him to defend clients and provide them with counsel.
Prior to becoming a prosecutor, Ryan was in private practice working in corporate and commercial law in New York. Ryan was raised in Wyoming and received formal education and experience elsewhere, which gave him a deep appreciation for Wyoming. These experiences gave Ryan different perspectives on legal issues in his practice. He believes that every case is different and what wins a case varies depending on the facts.